College & Program Eligibility
Find Out if You are Eligible to Apply
Before applying, check that you are eligible for admission into Algonquin College and your chosen program. You may have additional admission requirements.
- Bachelor of Applied Degree Requirements – Provincial
- College Eligibility
- Continuing and Online Learning
- International Students (English Language Requirements)
- Mature Students (19+ and without a Secondary School Diploma)
- Program Eligibility
- Second Career Students (laid-off and training for new career)
- Secondary School StudentsStudents with Disabilities
What you Need to Apply to Algonquin College
To apply to an Ontario Community College such as Algonquin, you need one of the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent or
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Ontario College Certificate. Algonquin College offers Academic Upgrading courses in English, mathematics, biology, chemistry, computer skills and success strategies. These courses can be used to meet program admission requirements or to improve your skills before starting in a program. or
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate or
- Mature Student Status - (19+ and without a Secondary School Diploma)
Other Program Admission Requirements
Most programs have other admission criteria or requirements as well. These may include:
- specific academic prerequisites
- completion of an essay, test or questionnaire
- submission of a portfolio
- attendance at an information session
It is your responsibility to find out about and complete any mandatory program requirements. The specific admission requirements for each program are listed in detail in Programs & Courses.
International Students – English Language Requirements
If your first language is not English, you will need to complete a language assessment. Each program has published minimum scores for program eligibility. Please follow this link and review the program eligibility for your selected program http://www3.algonquincollege.com/future-students/fulltime.
Please note that test results are valid for two years from the test date. The test result must be current and valid by the start date of the program.
Secondary School Graduates
If you have earned an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma), with senior English and/or math courses at the Basic Level or with Workplace Preparation or Open courses, you may be considered for admission. For most programs, you will be tested to determine your eligibility.
Students with Disabilities
If you need services to accommodate a disability, you are urged to contact the College’s Centre for Students with Disabilities as soon as you apply, so the appropriate services can be arranged. If you need accommodation during the admission process for testing or interviews you may also request assistance from the Centre for Students with Disabitities. The College will make all reasonable efforts and adjustments to provide access to its programs for all persons who meet the admission requirements, regardless of the nature and severity of any disability.
If you do not have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent by the start of the program, and you will be 19 or older by the program start date, you may be considered for admission as a Mature Student.
If you are requesting a Mature Student status you will be considered on an individual basis and will be referred to the Test Centre for an evaluation of your academic potential. You must also meet the specific program eligibility requirements in order to be accepted.