Take Control of Your Workday with Microsoft® Office Outlook®
- Duration: 1 Day
- Summary: Use Microsoft® Office Outlook® to set up a system that works for you
- Downloadable Version: Take Control of Your Workday with Microsoft® Office Outlook®
How You Will Benefit
Are you overwhelmed with the number of e-mails you receive in your inbox every day? Do you find there is not enough time in a day to get everything done?
In today’s busy world it is a constant challenge to keep up with your goals and commitments. Many people often feel as though they cannot find enough time to get everything done. Although we can’t give you more hours in the day, we can help you decide what to do and when to do it.
You will learn how to create a system that works for you based on your workload and work style.
This seminar will show you how to set up a system in Office Outlook® that will allow you to focus on your overall vision, your roles, your goals and your priorities. This will ensure that your activities are linked and properly prioritized to help you meet those goals and objectives
In this one-day workshop you’ll gain practical skills that will have an immediate impact on your ability to organize your work.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- Use Microsoft® Office Outlook® to prioritize their actions and activities
- Set, keep track and achieve goals and objectives utilizing their system in Microsoft® Office Outlook®
- Consistently focus on priorities.
- Create and implement a personalized plan for organizing their time and e-mail
Managing Your E-mail
- Improve e-mail management efficiency
- Incorporate Microsoft® Office Outlook® features into your e-mail management strategy to prioritize you work using:
- E.g. Flags, Voting Buttons, Send Replies to
- Folder Lists - create an efficient reference system
Managing Your Activities
- Set and keep track of goals/objectives/priorities
- Distinguish between processing e-mail and taking action on tasks
- Use FITS DRAG© method to process your e-mails:
- D – Delay
- R – Reply
- A – Assign
- G – Garbage
- Set up an effective system to track activities
- Customize and manage the Task Pad to help you meet your goals and objectives
- Create categories to plan, prioritize and follow up on projects and make informed decisions
- Identify personal time wasters and implement strategies for dealing with the things that waste our time
- Understand why we procrastinate and learn techniques to conquer procrastination
- Minimize and avoid unnecessary interruptions
Manage Your Schedule
- Integrate e-mails into calendar and contacts to save time
- Decide what belongs on the calendar and what belongs on the task pad
- Customize Microsoft® Office Outlook® to increase productivity
- Understand all aspects of the calendar using labels or categories to assign colour formatting
Manage Your Communications
When writing or responding to an e-mail message:
- Limit e-mail trails
- Use specific methods to send clear, concise e-mails
- Develop strategies to save time when creating or responding to e-mails
- Learn how to write effective e-mails
- E-mail etiquette: Using the To, Cc, Bcc, Reply and Reply to All buttons
- Create meaningful subject lines to ensure faster, more accurate responses
Attend This Workshop If You
- Wish to use Microsoft® Office Outlook® as a Time Management tool and create a personalised system that ensures your activities are linked and properly prioritiezed to meet your goals and objectives.
SUE FAUBERT teaches computer productivity applications, office productivity and presentation skills. As a computer applications trainer Sue discovered that what people wanted most was to make their computer training relevant in their day-to-day work. Using her experience in training people on Microsoft Office applications, CRM and other computer software, Sue developed workshops to help people do just that—to unleash the real power that software productivity suites have to offer.