Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence
Opened in September 2011, the LEED® Platinum accredited Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence brings the next generation of carpenters, plumbers, civil engineering technologists, interior designers, and many other trades and professions under a single, green roof in this one-of-a-kind living laboratory. See all of ACCE’s innovative building features for yourself.
Read this article about Mike Holmes’ visit to the Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence.
Interested in visiting the Algonquin Centre for Construction Excellence?
Download the ACCE Self-Guided Tour and tour through the building at your own pace and on your own schedule. Interested in finding out more about the College by attending one of our general campus tours? If so, please visit this page to book a formal tour.
Did you know?
- Algonquin College has been training students in skilled trades for over 44 years.
- Out of 18,000 students at Algonquin College, 1,900 are enrolled in skilled trades programs.
- By 2020, 50% of Canada’s current skilled workforce will retire, creating severe shortages in every trade.
- In the next two decades, 40% of new jobs will be in the skilled trades and technologies (2005 Ontario Chamber of Commerce report).
- Read this article from the Ottawa Citizen regarding the costs of a University degree compared to the cost of skilled trades training.
New Fall 2013 Program Offering
Find out more information about our new Bachelor of Building Science program here.